Tuesday, May 22, 2012

So Far This Week...

Last weekend was very quiet for us.  I was so excited to not have any plans.  I had this wonderful dream of tons of family bonding and we just laugh and play all weekend.  However the reality is by Sunday evening we were all getting on each others nerves.  So I was ready to head back to work Monday morning.  Don't get me wrong, I love my kids more than words can describe.  I miss them like crazy when I'm at work.  But by Sunday, when Jacob cries because he found out someone in his class got an I Phone (and he doesn't have a phone), or Ally cries because Logan ran her finger over with the toy dump truck, or Logan cries because Ally's mad that he ran over her finger, work sometimes sounds like a nice break.  I accept that as God's gift to keep me from being too sad that I work full time.
Monday evening is Jacob's Cub Scout meeting night.  I forgot until I got the email around lunchtime on Monday that instead of meeting inside we were meeting outside to work on a service project.  We were helping clean up some land where we plan to have our end of the year barbecue next week.  That was scheduled for 5:30; I get off work at 5:00.  Thus straight there we went.  My kids and I weren't very appropriately dressed for the occasion.  I finally went and sat in the car with Ally and Logan while Jacob worked.  When he was done he came and told us that the people who owned the area had offered to take the kids on a hayride.  Ally and Logan were so excited!!  I felt guilty that Ally and Logan went on the hayride after the three of us didn't help but no one seemed to mind.
Today I decided it was time to get Logan all caught up on his shots.  I called the doctor's office this morning to see if there was a day that the office had evening hours when they could do this.  The assistant was super nice and just told me to come in this evening.  I picked the kids up from the babysitter and told Logan he had an appointment and we headed straight there.  I waited until we were there to tell him it was for shots.  He was nervous but did well.
Logan's shots meant I gave him the right to decide on dinner.  The obvious choice was mac and cheese from the box and chicken nuggets.  I must point out that I made homemade mac and cheese this weekend (that we ate for leftovers last night) and my kids made it quite clear that is not what they wanted.  After the fourth time that Ally said not that mac and cheese you made us eat last night, I finally had to say if I hear that one more time I'm going to get frustrated.  I then think one of my kids said frustrated and laughed at me.  But I didn't hear it again.
During dinner, Logan discovered that not only does he like to dip his chicken nuggets in ketchup, but he also like ketchup with his mac and cheese (out of the box, of course).


And I had a plan for dessert...



Ally and Logan worked hard on the whoopie pies.




Maybe they don't look exactly like they did on the box, but they tasted good!




So that is how our week has began. Tomorrow the work week is halfway over, headed into a 3 day weekend!!  Woot!!

1 comment:

  1. Those pies look delicious! To funny about the Mac & cheese, that is probably what three out of my Four kids would have asked for!

    ReplyDelete