Friday, June 22, 2012

Last Day of School and Bike Riding

I have so many things I want to write about here.  I'm hoping if I just keep doing it when I do, it will become more of a habit and maybe I will post more.  I've got a lot of stories, along with a great deal going on in my head that maybe I will want to write sometime.
Today is mostly pictures.  I have read a few times lately about how the little things now are going to be the big things that are remembered later on for my kids.  That totally makes sense in my head but when you start going through the actions of your day, it is so easy to forget.  But here's a few pictures of some of those little things.
I wanted to celebrate the last day of school with my kids but they were headed to their dad's house in the afternoon that day, so I decided to celebrate before school.  I got up and had waffles made for them when I woke them up.


I would love to tell you that it was the perfect morning and my kids thought wow we have the best mom.  But honestly Logan just said but I want scrambled eggs.  Sometimes those things offend me and I never feel like I do a good enough job for my kids.  For some reason, that morning my perspective was good and I actually just made a few scrambled eggs for him.  He decided that even though he didn't have a last day of school, it was still a celebration of him almost being a kindergartner.
Then I tried to take some last day of school pictures in the front yard.  We ran into a problem that doesn't really happen on the last day of school in Oregon very often.

There was too much sun!!  I was forcing my kids to look into the sun so I could take some pictures.  You would have thought I was truly torturing them.  So we came inside and did some pictures.


In other news, with some nicer weather for us, the kids have been playing outside a lot.  I knew that Logan was ready to ride a bike without training wheels.  The pedal broke on his bike about a month ago, so we decided he could try his sister's bike.  And off he went on the pink and purple bike.  He never even really needed me.



After I went to work and bragged about how Logan took off on his sister's bike, one of my coworkers fixed up a bike his son had outgrown.  Now Logan doesn't have to ride a girly bike!!  And I feel so fortunate to work with such kind people.


So that is just a little of what we have been up to.  I can't wait to share more of our little things, that are really the important things.

1 comment:

  1. That's why I blog, whether anyone actually looks at it or not it will help me remember the little things we may forget. Our last day was so crazy, the alarm didn't go off, Parker wasn't getting ready, they were almost late, I was so happy that it was the last day!
    Hope you guys have an awesome summer and can't wait for Zoe & Logan to be in the same class!

    ReplyDelete